APCO is proud to announce the launch of our long-awaited full reflex wing – FORCE – to complete our already extensive range of wings for paramotor. FORCE was conceived as a direct result of pilot demand and worthy alternative to our classic and hybrid reflex paramotor wing range.
FORCE is now ready and available in 2 sizes – S and M – covering weight range from 75 kg. to 165 kg.
FORCE designed as for high performance, maximum speed range glider, capable of competing with latest generation of reflex wings. The added value of classic APCO virtues are built in for free!! -Spotless launch / Flare, sweet handling and light brake pressure.
The design brief for FORCE is based on the concept of combining all the best aspects of reflex wings with performance, handling and launch characteristics of APCO wings – perfectly blended into a well built, robust chute, made to last.
We again turned to use of SRS ® (automatic stall recovery system – Pat. Pend.) to allow for comfortable take-off and landing speed. HIT ®valves were incorporated to ensure maximum stability and internal wing pressure at any angle of attack. Built in FLEXON ® to replace Mylar for long term consistent performance and lighter weight.
We are proud to be the first and original inventors of all the above, unique features – today gradually becoming an integral part of other brands design too.
A limited edition of FORCE has been distributed among our main dealers for evaluation and feedback A solid number of hours were put into test flying under different conditions, producing very enthusiastic feedback. All the dealers who tried the wing were excited about its stability, speed, performance, handling and safety.
- SRS ® – APCO exclusive automatic stall recovery system
(click here for details)
- HIT Valve ® equipped on leading edge, APCO unique feature for improved stability (click here for details)
- FLEXON battens ® – pioneered by APCO (click here for details)
- Easy launch and handling SRS aided
- Built-in passive safety – Automatic SRS
- Diagonal rib structure
- Tip steering for high speed operation
- All metal parts Stainless Steel or Aluminium
- Split A riser with built-in safe, huge speed range
- APCO legendary standard double coated siliconised cloth – built to last
- Butt holes
- Heavy duty Superaramide ® lines
- Swivels on brake handles
- Integral built-in neodymium brake magnets
- New color design – fresh and attractive
FORCE Small Medium Product Code 31100 31200 Cells 50 52 Area m2 25.48 27 Area (projected) m2 22.46 23.8 Span (incl. Stabiliser) m 11.88 12.48 Span (projected) m 9.91 10.41 Aspect Ratio 5.54 5.76 Aspect Ratio (projected) 4.37 4.55 Pilot Weight (all up) Kg free flight 70-100 85-120 Pilot Weight (all up + paramotor) Kg 75-140* 100-165* Weight of Canopy Kg 6.5 6.9 Root Chord m 2.56 2.56 Tip Chord m 0.43 0.43 Length of Lines on B m 7.08 7.5 Total length of line used m 389 412 * Higher wing loading advised when flying trike.
FORCE Performance Data V-min 23 km/h V-trim (-) / V-trim (0) 38/41 km/h V-trim off (open) 52-54 km/h V-max. 67+ km/h Min Sink ( at optimum wing loading) 1.2 m/s
- Launch – surprisingly easy (same as Thrust)
- Landing – same as THRUST – piece of cake!!
- Acceleration – smooth and quick
- Speed range – second to none
- Handling – quick, precise with light brake pressure
- Safety – solid as a rock at all speeds
- Ground Handling – no comment just look at the following short Video to be impressed – (note the ground handling of FORCE – it’s virtually impossible to collapse the wing even if you try very hard – it just hovers over your head no matter what you do)
- Flying – properly described – awesome!!! (watch video)
unbelievable demonstration of what you can do while taking off and flying on FORCE, showing stability of the wing – you can take a lunch break during take-off, eating a sandwich!!! The wing will take off and fly on its own- no pilot input.
In parallel to launching the glider, we are checking for certification possibilities with EN (Air Turquoise).
Reflex wings often not certifiable due to lack of possibility to perform some of maneuvers required. Sometimes it’s not possible to take reflex wing through standard certification sequence due to lack of possibility of initiating collapse (front and asymmetric)
The FORCE has been thoroughly tested by us here and we have complete confidence in the wing
Delivery – FORCE is in stock -deliveries of both sizes S and M from beginning of May 2010 All colors in stock but we have already sold out of Brasiliera and running low on Zest and Greybird. Your orders are welcome